Children and young people are a vital part of our family at St Jude’s, and they join in with the 11:00am service. On the first Sunday of the month, all ages worship together in the Hall. On other Sundays, several groups run:
We have a crèche for under 3’s.
COGs (Children of God) is for the 3-11 year olds. We have some joint activities and then go into age appropriate groups for a short Bible teaching session.
Pathfinders brings together young people in Years 7-10. The groups each use approved teaching resources to help children understand the Bible and have their own relationship with Jesus.
There are lots of groups for children and young people during the week:
- My Time is aimed at anyone who wants to come along on a Wednesday morning from 9.30 to 10.45. Under 5s are looked after (in the same room) by church members leaving you free for some adult chat, coffee, a short discussion based around a Bible passage and a time of prayer. Everyone is welcome, whether or not you normally go to church. Contact Bev: 0791 9025633
- St Jude’s Toddler Group (for 0-5 year olds plus parents / carers) meets in the Small Hall every Tuesday and Thursday from 9.30 to 11.00 during term-time. There is a small charge, which includes drinks and a healthy snack.
- Boomerang is an after-school club for children aged 7-11, which meets in the halls on Wednesdays from 3.15pm to 5.30pm. We play games, make crafts and have lots of fun.
- St Jude’s Brownies is for girls aged 7 to 10 and meets on Monday evenings during term time from 6:30 to 8pm in the small hall.
- Witness is a Christian group for 11-14 year olds in the halls 6.00pm- 7.30pm every Thursday for fun and fellowship.
- Immersed – If you are 15-18 and are interested in finding out more about God and Jesus this is the place for you. We meet in the church lounge on Thursday evenings – 7.30pm-9.00pm, for fun & fellowship.
If you want your stomach filling on a Sunday evening and are aged 15-18, come along to Ade & Jen’s at 5pm.
Youth Club – Open to all local youngsters aged 11-16. Wednesday 7.30pm-9.00pm in the Church halls. A chance to play games – table tennis, badminton & basketball, enjoy craft activities and generally enjoy a chilled evening. Currently running every Wednesday evening in term time.