Haven’t been to church before, or not for a long time? Don’t panic – we will give you a warm welcome and there’s no compulsion to take part in anything you aren’t comfortable with.
You don’t need to wear anything special like a suit – we want you to feel comfortable and relaxed so come in your usual casual clothes and you’ll fit right in! We won’t expect you to make a donation, either, because our church members contribute to the ongoing costs of the church.
Each service lasts about an hour (including a talk of 20-30 minutes), and we serve free tea, coffee and biscuits afterwards.
The church’s address is 405 Woodborough Road, Nottingham NG3 5HE, near the top of Ransom Road and opposite the Sainsbury’s Extra and Vets4Pets.
We have a car park on site and you can park in nearby roads in the evenings and at weekends.
Nottingham Transport buses 45, 46 and 47 stop very close to the church.
We have two services every Sunday – you are very welcome to join us at either of them – and regular prayer meetings.
- A traditional service with hymns accompanied by the organ at 9:15am. There is Holy Communion each week except for the third Sunday, when there’s Morning Prayer (Common Worship). Services using the 1662 Book of Common Prayer are held twice monthly. Tea & coffee are served after the service in the hall.
- A modern service is for all ages at 11:00am, where the worship group leads a mixture of old and new songs. On the first Sunday of every month, we meet together in the Hall for an All Together Service. On the other Sundays the children and young people start in the halls and join us in church for the last 10 minutes of the service. Holy Communion is celebrated on the third Sunday of the month. There are opportunities to chat with others over tea and coffee after the service, and occasional Sunday lunches.
On special occasions – Christmas, Easter, Remembrance Day and so on – we have a slightly different pattern of services – check the notice board for details!
Our service pattern
Our service pattern for 2019 is:
- 9;15am Traditional Service
- 11:00am Morning Worship (with groups for ages 2-16)
Regular groups for children during the 11:00am service are:
- Baby Crèche and GEARS (God’s Early Years). Ages 0- approx 4+: Small Hall. Contact: Jane Dexter / Pam Mahon
- COGs (Children of God). 2 Groups for ages 4-10 yrs (Reception-Y5), Large Hall. Contact: Debbie Foreman
- Pathfinders. two groups for Y6-11 (Ages 10-16) in the Youth Room. Contact: Joel Newall
Weddings, Christenings and Funerals
We love to welcome people to get married at St Jude’s, and you don’t have to be “religious”. We do our best to make sure that your special day goes as well as possible. Contact the vicar using the form below to discuss getting married at St Jude’s, or see yourchurchwedding.org for general advice.
We will consider remarrying people who have been divorced if there is a strong connection to St Jude’s – please contact the Vicar for more information.
If you are getting married somewhere else and need your Banns read at St Jude’s, please contact the office.
It is a great privilege to be able to support people who have recently lost a loved one. We regularly do funerals both at the crematorium and at St Jude’s for people with connections to the area or the church. For more information, please contact the vicar using the form below. or the church office, or make contact via a funeral director.
Services of Thanksgiving and Blessing
Jesus loved to welcome little children and bless them, and we love to do the same, whether you are involved with a church or not. If you’d like a service of thanksgiving and blessing for a child in one of our main morning services, please contact the vicar using the form below.
Baptism is a way of welcoming people into the church family, and involves making promises to follow Jesus and to come to church regularly. If parents want to make those promises on behalf of their children, we love to baptise those children. Older children and adults who come to trust in Jesus are also baptised to mark the start of their new walk with God.