Children and young people are a vital part of our family at St Jude’s, and we particularly provide for them at the 10:30am service, with a crèche and groups for children and teenagers running during the service. There’s also an Open House with food from 5pm-6:15pm for 13-18 year olds.
We have a full child safeguarding policy, overseen by Debbie Foreman.
There are lots of groups for children and young people midweek:
- Mums’ Bible Study runs on Friday mornings from 10am-11am in the Church Lounge, with activities for toddlers.
- My Time 9:30-11:30am on Wednesdays, is a time of adult chat, coffee, cake a short discussion based around a Bible passage and a time of prayer, with children playing in the same room.
- St Jude’s Toddler Group meets in the Small Hall every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to 11:00 during term-time. There is a small charge.
- St Jude’s Brownies is for girls aged 7 to 10 and meets on Monday evenings during term time from 6:30 to 8pm in the small hall.
- Boomerang! is a club for children aged 7-11, which meets in the halls on Wednesdays from 3:30 to 5:30. We play games, make crafts and have lots of fun.
- Witness is a Christian group for 11-18 year olds in the halls 6.00pm-7.30pm every Thursday for fun and fellowship. Immersed then seeks to go deeper with God from 7:30pm to 9pm.
- Youth Club – Open to all local youngsters aged 11-16. Wednesday 6pm-8pm in the Church halls. A chance to play games, enjoy craft activities and generally enjoy a chilled evening.